How would you feel if your boss put you on leave of absence without asking because of your pregnancy?

I work at a small upscale casual restaurant. Since the beginning of my pregnancy my ability to waitress, standing and moving on my feet for hour stretches, has decreased. I was working 4 days a week at the beginning of my pregnancy. During the first trimester my boss and I agreed that I would work for only 1 day a week until I felt better and that I would be able to return to my original hours. When I did feel better, at about 4 months, I was not given more hours. Then just a week ago at 34-35 weeks pregnant I saw I was no longer on the schedule at all. When I called to ask bout it my boss he kept saying he would call me back. Only by my 4th call did he say that he had no intention to put me back on the schedule until after I give birth. He was nice enough about it but I'm not sure how I really feel about it. I'm not crippled, I feel great and being able to work, even a little bit, would make me feel better. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• while he should had said something to you .
    you aare late in pregnancy he probably just doesn twant you going in to labor when serving a coustomer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What an a-hole. But boss' do that sometimes, and I think it's his nice way of keeping you on the team but letting you "rest" during this time. Hell, I'd be miserable working now at 35 weeks. Especially waitressing.....Pregnant brain is a real thing man....I forget EVERYTHING.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 5:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Go see if you can collect disability? I know in NJ you can. Let your DR know what happened. I think its unfair and I know in NJ its illegal to just take to off a schedule for no reason. Plus its illegal to fire someone while pregnant or because of pregnancy. I am dealing with work drama myself.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009