potty training question

ok so my daughter is 26 months and is always telling me when she is going to the bathroom and she goes poop on the potty but she wont go pee....and i have really hard times getting her to lay down and get her diapers changed or even to put one on....i know its a sign of potty training but she has her days where she wants nothing to do with the potty and when i let her go around the house in underwear she always has accidents. and ive tried the every 30 minutes and that doesnt seem to help because she still has accidents..do you guys have any other ideas i can try for her......

SPC.armywife

Asked by SPC.armywife at 5:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Let her pick out her underwear at the store and explain that if she goes potty in them they go in the garbage. Then if she has an accident make her put them there. Be empathetic about it.. but explain consequence to action. "Oh you had an accident in your new underwear. Looks like they go into the trash." She'll get it after a time or 2. And you can always fetch them out when she's not looking to wash them.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What has worked for my sons, is having them clean up their mess when they have an accident. They have to undress and dress themselves, and they have to clean up the floor. Keep trying different things! Something will work eventually. All my kids pee before or after they poop. My daughter would only do her bm's in the toilet, but I just keep putting her on. Now she is peeing too - and so proud when she does! Granted she is only 11 months so she wears diapers. I don't expect her to be potty trained completely yet!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I started my daughter around 26 months also, she was fully potty trained about 4 months later, so you might still have a quite a ways to go if she's anything like my dd. Just keep doing what you're doing, she's going to have accidents but as long as you're consistent and keep asking her and taking her, she'll start letting you know and eventually going on her own when she knows she has to go. Do you have a rewards system? That worked for me in the beginning, she knew if she went potty she'd get her fave treat (m&m's). I know some people are against doing that but she's almost 3 now and never asks for a treat after she goes. For now just encourage her and expect accidents.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:04 AM on Sep. 12, 2009