SLEEPING??

I had a c-section and when I brought my dd home it was easier for me to put her in bed with me. She is now almost 6 weeks old, and I am looking for advise. I love spending time with her but I know if I don't get her sleeping in her own bed it is going to be harder when she gets older. Any advise on how to get her to sleep in her crib with out screaming???

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 8:08 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For me I had to put pillows around my daughter in her basinet so she still felt like I was holding her and slowly I took one by one out and now she sleeps in a crib with nothing but her blankie.

Also... as soon as she could roll over I made sure everything was out so she couldn't get stuck under one of the pillows
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I never put my first 2 boys in bed with me, but with my 3rd i excusively breastfed him so it was just easier to put him to sleep with me. I moved him into his own crib when he was around 10mo. old. I started when he was about 7mo. old to gradually put him in his crib for longer and longer periods of time and always at nap times. At night i started putting him in his own crib after he was asleep for a while. It seemed to make the transition a little easier for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't think it gets easier, I think it gets harder. My DD is 13 months old and the only way we can get her down is make sure she is sound asleep before laying her in the crib. So I'll have to lay with her on the couch or bed for like 10-45 minutes before I can lay her down.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009