Does anyone have any problems with their children being mean and spiteful to them? I need some advice on how to handle this.

agabriel1974

Asked by agabriel1974 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• change the way u punish them, or did u and ur DH get a divorce? did someone die in their life? if anything big happened in their life that can make them mean and spiteful even moving could do that to a kid. Maybe sit down with them and have a long talk and ask them what their problem is and if they would like someone to talk to and get them professional help (some kids want it) dont push the idea away it make sound crazy but it may help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Don't respond to their atttitudes. You need to demand respect from them and when they don't givve it, they don't get a response. Talk to them about how they are treating you and that it is unacceptable. Also, look at how you respond and talk to them, they could be picking up on how the are being treated (or how their father treats them). I am not saying this is happening, but if it is change how you or dad treats them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Anonymous, grow up???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't have this problem, but they do get sassy at times. Kids will do and say anything these days. My main concern now are other kids being mean to my kids.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 6:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009