how do u help a baby poop?

ive herd people say they helped there baby or toddler poop..but how do u do that?

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 9:20 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, when my babies were little they sometimes needed help bearing down - How I helped them was to hold their feet (them laying on their back) and I'd push their knees up to give them something to push against. Now an older toddler - I'm not sure you could help them like that. At an older age you'll need to address it from the inside out - providing foods that help their bowels move more freely. Speak to you doctor about your child's diet and what you can add to help with more fluid (as in easy) movements. If the problem is immediate - try apple juice.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:27 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• well is ur child hurting or having pain from not pooping?bc if their not u dont want to help them. kids can go days w/o pooping
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Don't try to "help" your baby poop, it can lead to life-long problems with constipation. If your baby is in pain or having a fever then seek a doctor. If it seems like they are going a very long time without pooping then take them to their doctor.  Otherwise just let nature take its course.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• well my 15mont old has been only pooping just a very tiny peice each day and it was hard, she is weaning brom breastfeeding and im trying he apple juice now,i think it has alot to do with less feeding from me
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:38 AM on Sep. 12, 2009