how do i?

I posted a question a couple of days ago about the fact that my 1st kiss found me on line and we have been cahtting nons top, asking if I was crazy to hope for something out of it. You ladies were all GEAT and encouraging! Follow up on that, we went out 16 yrs ago, but saw eachother around for a few years after. Well back then I was max 125 lbs. I am not about to turn 29, and have a child. My body is not any where close to what it was. There is convo of him coming to see me. I would like to think that he is this great guy that wont care, but the reality is woh knows right. How do I say something to him so if we do see eachother he is not caught off gaurd by my fatness lol.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• be blunt with him and just tell him ppl change
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Just tell him you've change and you dont have the body you once had.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Start by asking him how much he's changed over the years, and will you recognize him. Things like that. Get him to talk about himself first, and you'll be able to "feel him out", on his ideas and thoughts on appearance. Then take it from there. The conversation will probably come around to you, and will he recognize you. Then you can tell him.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• When my old boyfriend (who is now my fiance) and I first started talking again, 9 yrs after the last time we saw each other and two kids later, I just flat out told him I've had two kids and my body is not what it looked like all those years ago. For us, it was fine. He loves me, not my body and he didn't care. He loves my body just the way it is. If he was truly into you and not just your body, and if he is still into you and not just looking to get some, he won't care. He'll remember the kind of person you were, and see the kind of person you are now, and that will be what he is attracted to. Good luck! I hope it all works out!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• just tell him the truth that you gained weight. all women gain weight after pregnancy. If he likes you then he wont care about your weight. My husband doesn't and i'm fat. lol. just don't sweat it.
    jmsteele87

Answer by jmsteele87 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I am sure he would not expect you to look the same as you did back then as people do change. I bet he has changed as well and does not look like the boy you knew. I would be upfront with him and tell him that you did have a baby, gained a bit of weight and your body is different than what it was. If he really likes you he won't care that your body has changed, he will just be happy to finally see you in person and get together.
    Good luck I hope all works out.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:09 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm sure he doesn't look the same either. He likes the essence of who you are. That hasn't changed. Just don't get hung up on you being self conscious about things or he'll pick up on that and react to that. Just be the you he remembers in spirit

Answer by admckenzie at 12:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Look just tell him (I'M THICK IN THE WAIST AND PRETTY IN THE FACE)!! This is the guy u had before and so what everyone is not going to look the same forever! If they do it's plastic surgery and or they are eating stupid carrots... I hate skinny women no meat to comfort the beat! TMI GOOD LUCK GIRL!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009