Question about "Observer" during a Catholic Mass? No drama thank you ladies!

Hello ladies, my son is going to our Parish school and he is doing what they call "a Observer" during the Mass. I know he will be up at the alter with our Priest and the alter boys, but I dont know WHAT it is he DOES!

Can anyone that knows give me a clue? Thank you so much ladies!

mikeysmom989

Asked by mikeysmom989 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Observer??? I've never heard of that before. I went to a catholic grade school for 8 years and never heard of that ever. Is he interested in becoming an altar boy? Maybe he has to write a report on it for class. What did he say he has to do?
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry, I've never heard of that.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hi ladies!
    No to the report in class! I was told that he would be up at the alter with our priest during the mass. unfortunatly thats all I do know! lol.
    He is interested in being a alter boy and taking the classes for it. Right now he's taking his Sacrament classes for his communion and confession!
    mikeysmom989

Answer by mikeysmom989 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It sounds like it might be just what it says, an "observer". Since he's interested and taking a class to become an altar boy it's probably just a chance for him to see up close what he will be doing for that. You can always call your Parrish office and ask if there's anything special he needs to do or go to Mass a little early and ask the pastoral assistant, his class instructor or your Priest or somebody like that who would know.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 3:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I went to a Catholic school for 9 years and work at a Catholic preschool/school and have never heard of an Observer. Sorry, can't help you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009