Loosing Weight During Pregnancy?

I'm in my third trimester and have gained exactly zero pounds this pregnancy. I've experienced nausea and morning sickness all day throughout my pregnancy, so it's really no surprise. Plus I was a bit overweight to begin with, the baby IS growing, so it's not a concern. But a friend of mine told me her pregnant daughter (who is a few weeks ahead of me) has LOST 25 lbs and has gestational diabetes. Supposedly, there's no reason for concern, but I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of loosing so much weight during a pregnancy, especially with diabetes. What could the reason for this be? (Oh, she has no morning sickness....)

Imogen13

Asked by Imogen13 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is your friends daughter overweight too? I have heard many women on CM who have lost quite a bit of weight. If she was thin to begin with, I think that would be a BIG problem. Otherwise, if you are eating healthy, the baby is going to get what it needs!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:30 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes, I should have mentioned that - she is overweight as well. Much bigger than me.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm 39 weeks pregnant and have been losing weight for the past 8 weeks and I have gestational diabetes. I haven't lost 25lbs though and I have gained weight this pregnancy (20lbs. total). I started losing weight when I changed my diet for the gestational diabetes. The baby is growing fine though so I know he's getting what he needs.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 11:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2009