asking for help for my grand baby

Makayla is 6 monts she has watery eyes itchy and stuffy nose it cost to much to take her to the doctor any moms out there with any additional information

jessicawoods

Asked by jessicawoods at 9:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ya take her to the ER they can't make up pay then and can set up low payments.. there is never a good enough reason to NOT take your child in when they need it.. money or not...
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if it cost too much get medicaid dont let the baby suffer. but if u take her to the ER thats a bigger bill then the drs. some drs pay a co pay then bill u at home... or it sounds like allergys get a 2 yr olds meds cut them in half 2 times and give it too her. but if that is too much and u dont feel right i would take her to the dr or er
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• do you have super targets? they have a walk in clinic there and its only like 40 bucks to be seen
    Lovebeingmomto1

Answer by Lovebeingmomto1 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hello Lovebeingmomto1
    Yes we did they said nothing was wrong we took her two times the last time they said use little noses
    jessicawoods

Answer by jessicawoods at 9:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• try bynodryl.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• heres the thing my son has this darn ins though his job it has big big deductable its all so hard right some one told me childs benadryl what do you guys think and how much
    jessicawoods

Answer by jessicawoods at 9:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Use some saline drops to her nose and suck it out.
    You could call a pediatrician and ask if a dose of benadryl would be okay... a call to the office wouldn't cost anything
    Taking her to the ER is dumb advice... if it's not an emergency (which it's NOT) then it's abusing the system and making costs and wait times longer for those who REALLY need it
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would say no worries, if she doesn't have a fever, just a runny noseand itchy eyes, i wouldnt take her in. I know it's hard to see her suffer, but sometimes kids just get little colds.

Use little noses, warm baths (to keep the snot running out of her head) and give her plenty of fluids. 6 months is a little young for benedryl, but you could try a small dose and see what it does. my doctor said we could try benedryl at 6 months but warned us that it doesn't really effect them the right way until they are a little older. it worked fine for my boy, but didn't nothing for my girl until she was almost 1.

Is she in daycare or around other kids? Because if she is, she might keep the runny nose for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• no i babyset shes my first how much did they say give him ?
    jessicawoods

Answer by jessicawoods at 9:53 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• This is the anon from above, I was thinking- Scratch the benedryl idea- it isn't really a good idea.

It will make her nose stop running and she will get rest, but in the long run, it will make the mucus all stay in her head and maybe turn into an ear infection. then you will have to go to the dr.

give her little noses and do all you can to get her head clear and let the mucus run out. it will be messy, but it is the best thing for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Sep. 12, 2009