can a 1.5 year old be scared of the dark?

My DD is 20 months old and 3 days ago she came into our room in our bed at 4 in the morning so I put her back to bed which she did go, but then now the last 2 nights I have been having problems getting her to bed she takes a nap no problem, but scream for bed. She use to go to bed no problem her bedtime is 8pm but I cannot get her to go to bed until 10:30pm now. What can I do to get her to go to bed at night? I don't know if she is scared of the dark or what the deal is.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have to put mine to bed with the light on and then go in and shut if off later. It's really no big deal for now . . . she's out in a couple of minutes.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OF COURSE SHE CAN BE AFRAID OF THE DARK, PUT A NITE LIGHT IN HER ROOM AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Answer by older at 9:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my little ones times have changed to,she now goes to bed at 11pm.try giving her her bath at 7then settiling down after her bath whatever ur routine is
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:44 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes they can, but there may be something else going on. When mine is teething she has a hard time going to bed. Check it out and maybe add a night light to her room maybe let her pick it out. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2009