I had a complete hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I would like to know how other women and mothers felt emotionally,physically, mentally, and sexually afterwards? Are you taking hormone pills or progesterine pills also?

Will having my cervix out affect my relationship with my husband sexually?

carnationMom

Asked by carnationMom at 10:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• I had my complete hyst 3 years ago, and have been single (no sex) ever since, so I can't answer that question. I took no hormones, I'm feeling better than I used to and I do have sexual desire. Do you know about the group "hystersisters"? I believe it is hystersister.com. They are GREAT for these kinds of questions. I hope that you are feeling better soon.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Go to hysterectomy club or hysterectomy moms all your questions will be answered .All the woman had hysterectmys and are willing to help. Good Luck
    sirrera

Answer by sirrera at 11:58 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Physically I swear it took a year to feel better. Emotionally no problems----I;m not even on hrt. Sex is normal after about 3 months. Mentally feel better having everything removed. The worst was recovery physically, having to move slow and that 'stich' pain afterwards. Good luck, check out that hystersister thread.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009