is money everything..

am i the only one that really thinks money is no big deal, if its expensive so what do it if it makes you happy? maybe because i have money always have i feel this way, but i mean we do only live once right ladies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Money is a big deal as far as ensuring health care and education for the family and for saving up for retirement. Money is nice for providing comfortable living conditions and fun recreational opportunities. Security.

Answer by Bmat at 10:19 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Money is a HUGE deal. I mean can you be happy without it? Sure, but it's a lot harder. Without money it's dificult to provide good food, good health care, clean water and other things that enable us to be healthy... So, is money everything? No, but it's most things...

It's that all present neccessary evil... The thing that we all love to hate but need.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't believe money alone makes you happy, but it sure does help. We keep praying to win the lottery. lol. Money makes the world go 'round.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• No, money is NOT the key to happiness, but some of us don't have the luxury of just spending it because we want to. There are many things that I would love to have and do, but cannot afford to because I need to be able to pay my bills, buy groceries and do the things that are most important in mine and my family's life...such as braces, school supplies, clothing, etc. I think that saying that "you only live once, just do what makes you happy" is what got many people into trouble and caused them to lose everything they had at one point. Splurging once in a while is one thing, but to allow yourself to be compulsive and out of control is just plain irresponsible if you cannot afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• When you don't have money, money means everything. Money means a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear. Obviously you've never dealt with have NO money, so I don't suppose you would understand what it is like to loose a job, and not have a check or some source of income coming in. I don't suppose you know what it's like to have to go door to door to ask people if they need chores done around their house so you have the money to feed your baby. It's a terrible position to be in. Don't get me wrong, I did what I could, and my dd was always fed and clothed, even if I meant I went without food for days. But I grew up around money myself.. now I know what it is like to be without it. It's a scary thing. Obviously I'm doing a lot better now, but for about a year... things were really rough.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I guess my point is, unless you've gone without money for a long period of time, you really wouldn't understand the true value of it. You'd be surprised what you can do with $20.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i wouldn't know. i grew up without a lot of money, and never noticed a lack in my life for it. i was still loved, i was still happy, and i think that i am more able to manage not making a whole lot now because money was never around as i grew up.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I don't know, before money wasn't everything...........But right now in this economy, its the primary focus in my life right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Money is everything in this world,we are a money driven society.

Although I dont beleive money will buy happiness to an extent.

Some beleive in making lots of money,taking what they need and then give away lump sums each month.

Giving can make you happy,money will help others who have a true need.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2009