He kicked me, is this physically abusive?

He kicked me in the rear, hard, as i was walking away. Says im making a big deal out of it, and he feels no remorse. Is this abuse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Short answer: yes. If he kicked you out of anger, yes, if he kicked you out of frustration, yes.
    If you feel abused: yes.

I'm thinking that the only way this is NOT abuse is if you two were fooling around/ having fun and he was being funny. Not very funny, but maybe he thought so.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well, yeah, if he was mad at the time, I would say this is abuse. And if you have to question it, you already know the answer to your own question is yes. Sounds to me like he is trying to play it off and make it no big deal, so you won't cry abuse. He obviously doesn't care what he did. He knows how hard he kicked you and so do you.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:34 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Was he mad at you? If so then yes.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:57 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes. It's abuse. The fact that he's acting like it's no big deal is emotionally abusive as well. Abuse almost always escalates too. Get out before it gets worse.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 11:06 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Was he angry? If so, then yes, it's abuse.

But if he wasn't angry and he was doing in it play. Then no.

My husband does stuff like that all the time. He's not abusive. But he's always playing around and he never hurts me.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If your husband/boyfriend play fights with you, than when you have an arguement it is going to be the same but with more physical wacks.. Now if you play fight and he never hit you as if he was mad or mean than that's fine.. But always remember if you hit and smack when you play fight than to him it is ok if he hits you for real! Because your giving him the ok! I was in a baddd realationship when I was 18 and we play faught everyday! One day he hit me so hard he made my head hurt for a week. not saing this to hurt you or make u feel bad but just play and have fun....GOOD LUCK!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• But always remember if you hit and smack when you play fight than to him it is ok if he hits you for real! Because your giving him the ok!
    ___

I don't agree with this at all. There's a big difference between lightly and gently hitting or smacking while playing around and hitting with the intentions to hurt the person.

For example, last night, I was picking a movie to watch and I was bending over looking at the movies on the bottom shelves, and he came over and smacked me in the butt. Not hard, just gently... he laughed and said he couldn't resist. I came after him and kicked him in his butt. Also gently and in play. We laughed about it.

But neither one of us would ever hit or kick with the intention to hurt the other person.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if he feels no remorse, probably. if he had no intention of hurting you, as if in play fighting, he would feel bad about hurting you, not say you were blowing it out of proportion. if he was angry it is considered abuse. if it left a mark it is abuse, by law. if he does this on a regular basis and does not show remorse or acts as though you are over reacting, it is abuse and you should not be around him. abuse goes in a cycle, one that ends in the victim leaving or being trapped in an abusive relationship forever, or dying.
    it is not okay to hit in anger because you hit in play. we teach our children this; it does not change just because we grow up. violence in a relationship is never okay.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Why did he kick you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009