At risk of losing our home. Please Help!! No bashing

I'm now a SAHM & 8mths pregnant. My husband is military and our credit is in the dumps. We lost 3 loved ones and helped bury them so the money we had saved for emergency is gone. Are there any loans or military assistant programs that can help us? We went through pioneer svcs and have talked to our mortgage people. That was not enough and I don't know what else to do to help my DH. The baby is due next month and we may not even have a home to bring her to by then.Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• If he's in the military, they can give him on-base housing or allowance for rent so dont worry too much about not having a home for the baby. You might lose your home but you'r family will be fine.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this! I've seen what forclosure can do and the stress is causes. I truly hope everything works out and I'll be praying for you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I am sorry to deflate your bubble, but regardless of your lifestyle, you still need to work. Military moms need a job more than anyone else to survive. Put the kids in daycare and get yourself a job. Honey, as we sit in America right now, you cannot afford to sit around and wait... in a few years, there will be NO WELFARE at all and all the people who have it will simply die if they don't work. It's coming, believe me. Where I live, there is no energy assistance left anywhere. No rental assistance anywhere. GET A JOB once the baby is born. SAHM are obsolete and they all should be forced to work at this point. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Have you thought of working from home?
    NicoleM12

Answer by NicoleM12 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I thought it would be interesting to you. Go to the site, check it out and click on the Free Vacation link. You'll be given a Vacation Certificate-just for going to the site!

Here is the Link:

http://tinyurl.com/mvhpcc

THIS MAY HELP YOU
    dentallady84

Answer by dentallady84 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I know right now, you obviously won't be able to find a job. But I would seriously suggest gettting a job after the baby is born, to help pay some of these bills, even if it is just babysitting a couple of kids a few days a week. You have to pull your weight financially.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My only guess as to why you are at risk of losing your home is b/c you may be living beyond your means. This is what began the great crisis we are in in America. I would suggest cutting waaay back on your expenses and shopping at second hand/consignment stores. Buy all generic foods and only the essentials. If you have a hefty car payment, think about selling the car and purchasing a used, reliable car using cash. Every dollar counts. It will most def be difficult, but it will all pay off in the end when you have your home and financial security. Cut out any and all extras. Also, I nanny for a family so I can make money while continuing to be a SAHM. I don't have to pay for daycare and I can help with the bills. It is such a great way for mommas to work and be a SAHM! Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Do the math, if it makes sense to go back to work, do so, if not, dont. Try your community offices, sometimes they have resources that can help you. GL
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• www.unmetneeds.com
    www.emilitary.org
    www.helpamilitarywife.com
    www.kiplinger.com/magazine/archives/2008/08/financial-web-resources-for-military-personnel-families.html
    I hope one or some of these may help. I would also see about cutting off satellite or cable, cutting down cell phone, watch what you get on groceries, use every possible store that you can get a deal at like second-hand stores or yard sales. Have you tried to refinance your car and house. Check out VA loans, and normally the credit unions on base have emergency $$ loans you could apply for.
    This is what I do from home. If you're interested send me a message, and I'll touch base with you for more info...
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents

NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree that its going to  be tough finding a job at this time in America.

And going back to work may not fit your needs unless it is something that you can do fom home.

I have 3 links for you.

Free Training for military spouse in medical transcription(learn @ home work @ home) click here.

211 click here

A company that will help you live the life style you want, with daiily pay and justice for all; click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Try this, you'll be able to stay at home with your kids, and still bring in income

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 8:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009