Assistance for moms.

Hello mommies! I was hoping someone would have an answer for me; I want to be able to be a stay at home mom and take care of my baby without worrying about work. Does anyone know of any kind of financial assistance, government help, etc., for this kind of situation? My husband does work but his income alone would not be enough to support a family.

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Foodstamps, WIC.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• There definitely should be something! I think stay at home moms should be recognized and paid for staying at home with their kids! If only everyone thought that way!! Maybe some day.

NicoleM12

Answer by NicoleM12 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• if you quit your job ,and are able to work, welfare won't let you just stay on assistance because you want to. They will put you in a welfare to work program. You could apply for the above assistance, but as I said, they will most likely put you back in the work force anyways. You CAN apply for it and sign up for college. This will ensure that you are seeking a better education for a better paying job, and may allow you more leverage for your hours... and PA and WIC will help financially until you get out.

Otherwise, I suggest staying with your job, until you can find a reliable work from home job, or until you and your husband can afford for you to be a SAHM>
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I stay home and raise my kids. I love what I do. It's really easy, and lots of fun.
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    If you'd like more info, just let me know. I'd love to help if I can.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• While you are working you can build up income in the side to leave.

I have known many people to leave their jobs after 4 months at our company.

To learn about our company and how we can help you through these times click here.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• The purpose of public assistance is not to allow mothers the luxury of choosing to stay home. Don’t take advantage of hard working taxpayers (many of whom are single mothers).

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If you cannot afford to be a SAHM then you shouldn't be.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 4:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hi there,
    I have been a SAHM for 2 years, but my DH got laid off in March. He thankfully has a job now, and only makes half of what he used to make. I started working from home to continue to stay home with my two little ones. I work with an great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Gosh, to stay home and get paid. You are DREAMING, honey!
    Unless of course Obama taxes us workers even more so you get to stay home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2009