For new parents. What was your 1st night home with new baby like?

My DD cried so much my DH and I called the hospital nursery back and asked them could they keep her one more night. It was crazy but we was not prepared for that. Appreciate the hospital stay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was scared, My son had just come home from 3 weeks in NICU. He slept in his bassinet next to me and I slept with my hand on his chest. Checking for it to rise and fall. Long night that I will never forget.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• did she have colic? my dh and I knew to expect crying, lots of feedings and diaper changes.....we also had twins though. So imagine two babies instead of one crying all night. lol. They didn't though so I was very thankful for that. They only cried when hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It was nerve-racking. My dd was fine....slept and ate like she had in the hospital, but i was a wreck. I couldn't sleep.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Scared to death!! My son slept in the pack and play next to our bed, but I was so scared that I put one end of the baby monitor in the pack and play and the other next to my head. LOL. We were in the same room, 2 feet from each other!!! I was so scared I wouldn't hear him cry. He is 6 months now and we laugh about it every day. Now I can hear him cry from a mile away!! lol
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I was in severe pain (had a spinal headache for the 5th day in a row with NO relief) and I spent most of the day/night home flat on my back in bed wishing the pain would go away, while my mom and hubs took care of the new baby.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• She slept ALL NIGHT. UGH! I was too scared to go to sleep, though, so I held her in my arms all night long and watched TV with it on mute. I did that for a week, fell apart emotionally and became suicidal, and then after a few weeks it magically got better and she started sleeping through the night. Weird.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Not bad at all. I kept both of them in my room with me, so I knew thier basic eating and sleeping habits.

With DD, I couldn't get her to go to sleep and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that she wasn't swaddled. Within 30 seconds of swaddling her, she was out.

With DS, it was easy.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I wil add that neither of my kids really cried until they were a few weeks old. They would grunt and suck on their fingers when they were hungry, and would fuss a little when they got uncomfortable. I'd fix the problem and they were fine.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:18 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• he had jaundice so he slept alot, he would eat like an oz and a half every 3 hrs it wasn't too bad but i had to have him sleep with us because he didn't like his crib, it was a portable one because we moved 4 days later, now hes almost 5 months and sleeps in his crib like a pro. usually 10-12 hrs :)
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We didn't get home until like 11 that night but he slept most of th time and only woke up three times that night for a feeding. I got the "starter baby" He didn't get difficult to handle until just recently after his first birthday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009