can a 1.5 year old be scared of the dark?

My DD is 20 months old and 3 days ago she came into our room in our bed at 4 in the morning so I put her back to bed which she did go, but then now the last 2 nights I have been having problems getting her to bed she takes a nap no problem, but scream for bed. She use to go to bed no problem her bedtime is 8pm but I cannot get her to go to bed until 10:30pm now. What can I do to get her to go to bed at night? I don't know if she is scared of the dark or what the deal is.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd had the same problem at that age. it is COMPLETELY normal. Don't worry. Get an uber bright nightlight, nothing with flashy colors or a spinning mobile or anything, and put it in her room. My dd was fine once we got her a dollar tree nightlight (Little mermaid of course! LOL) and I am sure yours will be too.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 11:03 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Could be- try putting a nightlight in her room and see if that helps.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 10:40 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well I have the same problem.. every night my son which is 2. wakes up screaming on the top of his lungs! This would be 5 or 6 in the morning. This was because he need help going back to sleep and wanting to feel comfort. Your baby maybe scaired of the dark, or he/she need to know your still theire with him/her to feel safe. I have a older daughter who is scaired of the dark and thinks that there is monsters in her room. Stopping that problem I keep the tv on all night! If I answered your question... your welcome mom! GOOD LUCK!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 12, 2009