~Christians~ can you name one simple way to spread the love of Christ today?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• dont bother bc ppl that arent christians.. and ppl that dont believe in god or a higher power dont want to hear it and we dont want ppl to shove it down our throat and try to make us believe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You just did. By simply typing the reminder.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• "Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
    But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
    That thy alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Take heed that ye do not your alms before men

thanks for your response, but I kind of need simple :)

like smile at those who walk by,

if you see a mom with small kids offer to help put her groceries in the car...

something simple along those lines.

take heed that ye ... You lost me---ii am simple homemaker with little education
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• by going out and helping someone in need. Actions speak louder than words.

(and no I'm not a Christian)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• www.Angelfoodministries.com

With the economy like it is today, there's no better way to share the love of Christ than to meet an everyday need!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Real world example, my husband was in the hospital. Just got discharged today. In the two weeks time he was there, I have only had to cook 2 times, someone came and mowed my lawn, some one restocked my pantry. He had a steady stream of visitors, and many phone calls. All of this was done by our church, without me asking for help.

On the other side, my husband was a very popular patient, why? Because he shows God's love by being caring and appreciative to all the people that were helping him and concern for the other patients. People often treat the housekeepers and the food service people like they are no bodies. My hubby, even when he was not at his best made an effort to thank them and get to know them a little. He would ask the patients that were with him in rehab how they were doing and then listen.
    When you realize God made us all and loves us all equally then it is easier to be kind and caring.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• dont be a jerk to anyone no matter how horrible they are to you. thats pretty simple haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Anonymous
    Take heed that ye do not your alms before men

like smile at those who walk by,

something simple along those lines.

Don't mind some of these other Christians here, they must be jealous, because they are constantly trying to put out the fire. Not sure why else they do what they do. They try to admonish others for not being exactly like them.
    Thanks for the reminder Anonoymous. And, maybe some of these other Christians will read what I said, and hopely they will learn to encourage Christians more and stop all their admonishment to us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Be friendly. You never know what a person is going through, and sometimes just being friendly goes a very long way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2009