Halloween and Christians churches

Anyone part of a Christians denomination church that is going to have a Halloween celebration?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We have something called Halleluh night, games, fun activities for everyone.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• nope, sorry. The firehall in our town is the place they have their Halloween celebration for the town.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yes, we do not celebrate it as a "pagan" holiday or whatever but we do a trunk or treat in the church parking lot and the kids dress up, get candy and other goodies, and also get some time with friends in a safe surrounding. If people are going to celebrate anyway, we might as well make it safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We used to attend a church that had a big fall carnival. They did allow costumes,but nothing out of line. They did what was called a "candy toss." They'd take the kids by age groups,and no one else was allowed on the floor during each age groups, and they'd literally just toss tons of candy in the air,and the kids could take what they wanted. As I said, they made it fair, starting with the little ones, and going on up. Made sure the bigger kids didn't get in when the little ones were. We all used to have a blast with that.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• HAHA... The churches around here usually hang big signs outside warning about the dangers of dressing as demons and eating candy with the devil...

And no, I'm not kidding!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Our church usually throws a Halloween party kind of thing- one year our pastor came as braveheart, lol. and they do a trunk and treat or whatnot, too.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• so your answer would be "no", Sabrina? I hope you are learning the norm is not displayed in your parts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Answered at 12:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 by: SabrinaMBowen HAHA... The churches around here usually hang big signs outside warning about the dangers of dressing as demons and eating candy with the devil... And no, I'm not kidding!

Hey the devil never came by with candy for me! That is funny. The churches in my town mostly either have a trunk-or-treat, a fall festival, or ignores the holiday. One church has a Hell House & a few of the small non-traditional churches warn their followers not to participate in Halloween celebrations, but I can only remember one that actually addressed it publicly on the sign in front of their church. Most of the Christians in town seem to be happy celebrating a secular Halloween.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• ours has a fall party for the youth, sometimes they do things for smaller kids. the youth also go to the mall every Halloween and hand out tracts and witness to people; they get all excited for it every year. they would rather do that than hang with their friends; it is a safe outlet for them on a big party night for teens. beyond that, no one at our church does anything. other churches have lock-ins or hell houses though.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We usually have a "trunk or treat" at the church. People decorate their cars, and the kids get to show off their costumes.

I remember one year when I was a kid, a guy brought in his big rig and had it decked out like a monster; it was so cool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009