cant get rid of fleas???

i have a one yr old shit-zu/chaua that lives in my home, she is my like my baby so spoiled but one day i brought her to a friends house and her puppies had fleas and she now has fleas. my sister in law dipped her and it helped for about a week and since then i have used stuff over the counter and it is not helping, i did find dead fleas in the water but like one or two days after she is scratching so bad she is making sores on her. i also tried dawn detergent and it didnt help so please if anybody can help me so my puppy MOLLY can stop itching and i am worried it gets in my carpet so what do i do??? thanks for reading....

rachel37

Asked by rachel37 at 11:37 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pets

• feed her garlic
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We had this problem just recently. I flea bathed my 2 cats with good flea shampoo, bombed my house for fleas, and put good flea collars on them. I haven't seen one flea since! I hope this helps babe I know how pesky it can be!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• thank u, but dont know if she will eat the garlic she is so picky, how do make them eat the garlic??
    rachel37

Answer by rachel37 at 11:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• give her a bath and then give her medication.i 4got the name of it but you put it down her back from her neck down to her tail you just squeeze a drop and it goes down by itself and that will keep them off.then bomb your house.every room because fleas spread like crazy trust me.everything should be fine after you bomb.the flea medicine is a treatment.you do it once a month.good luck
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 12:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• garlic comes in plain powder form. Mix it in her food
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You can use garlic gel capsules in their food (all this does is make them less tasty to the fleas). But the best and most long term fix is to get advantage or frontline and put it on her. The stuff you can get at walmart or petsmart does NOT work. When you dip them or give them a bath in flea shampoo or dawn you are only killing what is on them at that time. The advantage and fontline kill the fleas when they bite the pet. It also helps to get flea spray for the carpet and spray her bed or anywhere else she might be a lot. Your yard might also have fleas now too. There are sprays and powders you get at walmart or places like that in the garden dept that you can spread in your yard to kill fleas.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• There is Raid... it's like Room and Carpet spray... something like that. It's a bright purple can. It is great. It doesn't smell like bug killer... it has a potent flowery smell though! It can be sprayed on carpets and floors and inside your sofas(where fleas love to hide... at least in my house they did). And you point it down to spray it... the can is upside down when you are using it so you don't have to fight a normal can with a normal nozzle. It's in a bright purple can next to all the other bug killer stuff.
    And they Cutter yard spay that you hook to your water hose is great to treat the yard. In fact I am about to go get some myself... not for fleas, but for ants. It's good for all those pests like that!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009