this may make me the biggest ding bat ever but...

is it okay to limit what Im eating while pregnant. I don't mean diet!!! but I feel like im over eating ALL the time. I'll eat a huge meal, get full then be hungry 5 minutes later. Is it okay to not eat again the five minutes later? or am I supposed to be eating as much as I can?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Eat things in moderation and if you feel hungry try to snack on healthy items rather than things with empty calories. Do not make yourself go hungry though, your body knows what it needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• definitely don't make yourself go hungry. You can always try eating things that are more filling instead of less filling, and try to eat as healthy as possible so that you AND the baby get the nutrients you need. You are definitely going to be eating a bit more, but just remember that your body needs the extra food for the energy it requires to grow that baby!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't eat everything in sight, lol. I found with my 3 pregnancies that eating smaller meals helped with that "VERY bloated full feeling" and with heart burn. I decided with this one that I'm only eating when I'm hungry! My baby is growing awesomely and I still haven't gained one pound! It's a blessing to me after gaining 50 with my first and eating junk food and fast food nonstop, lol. Its about what YOU want to eat and how much YOU want to eat. If you feel comfortable eating alot then by all means eat alot. If you feel like you are eating too much then don't eat as much. You have to do what YOU feel like is best for your body and your pregnancy! Good luck and congrats!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 11:48 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You need to gain between 25-30 pounds to have a healthy baby. That is start to finish. The bulk of your weight will be from 20wks-40wks. Don't starvve yourself, but don't stuff yourself either. I just recently watched two of my nieces go through pregnancies where one gained 70 pounds the other nearly 100. That is just gluttony. It makes your pregnancy higher risk for complications and it is hard as hell to get off after the baby is born. If you are feeling full quickly try eating 5-6 smaller meals through the day. Instead of three big ones.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:49 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You only 300 additional calories a day.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 12:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You do only need an extra 300 calories a day, so instead of eating huge meals you could eat smaller meals throughout the whole day and get a more satisfied feeling. Eating healthier can also help, but don't go on a bing just because you are pregnant, that isn't safe for you or baby.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009