HEY MOMS of sons. I have a SERIOUS question! HELP

This is going to sound amazingly stupid so laugh if you will because I am, anyway, my son is playing football and dad is not in the picture nor do I have any brothers or what have you. My question is I need to know if there is some way to wash his cup. Not the kind you drink out of but the OTHER one. Everyone I have had the nerve to ask either says they don't know or that no you don't wash it. The very thought of not washing it makes me sick to my stomach. Can I not just throw it in the wash with the football gear? It seems a bit unsanitary to not ever wash it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh dear God there is no way I would put butt crack and nut juice in my dishwasher!

You must love your husband A LOT. :D
    ___
    Obviously I don't stick that stuff in with dishes, they go in by themselves. We've washed everything from the magazines that hold ammo to all kinds of gear. The dishwasher is a perfect place for it because it sterlizes everything.

If you're really worried about it, run a cycle without anything in there after you're done.

You could also wash it with your clothes in the washing machine and just pull it out and let it air dry.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• The hard plastic, you can just use bathroom spray, or some sort of "disinfectant". The cloth "jock strap" just in the washing machine. No bleach, it'll ruin the elastic.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i dont know i have two boys .. but they are 3 and 3 mnths lol havent got that far yet .. i will ask hubby when he gets home for ya .. lmao .. ;)
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My ds has one, and my dh thankfully explained how you do this. Here's how we clean them -

The "cup" part - meaning the hard protective plastic part, comes out. The elastic, underwear part gets washed like clothes. If the hard cup part needs to be cleaned, then you wipe it with a cloth (soapy water and a cloth, rinsing it off, or however you want to do it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:51 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Op here-Well I have washed obviously the cloth part. That was the easy one to figure out LOL. Maybe I could just throw it in the shower with him (the plastic part) and have him scrub it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• OK thanks girls. I really really appreciate the answers. Seems like there should be instructions with boys no?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• The cups my boys always wore were hard plastic that slipped into a fabric jock strap. Just slip thje cup out and wash with hot soapy water. Thats all we ever did. TRinse the jock out immediately if it isn't going straight to the washer. Sweat eats elastic badly. It will last a lot longer if you do. BTW..it isn't a ding bat question. If my husband hadn't been around I would have had to ask someone else too.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Stick the hard plastic part in the dishwasher, or just wash it by hand like your dishes. The hotter the water, the more sanitary it is.

My husband washes a lot of his army gear (the stuff with plastic parts) in the dishwasher.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

You must love your husband A LOT. :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I asked my DH and he said just use dish soap or something gentle, not Lysol or anything like that! Hope this helps! I have 2 boys, but they're not that old yet!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009