Normal 2 year old behavior?

ok my daughter will be 2 october 12 and i just feel like she doesnt do the normal 2 year old stuff. Its been 7 years since my son was 2 so i might not remember much but it just seems like he played by himself more and was more independent. My daughter is glued to me 24/7 and she doesnt like to play with toys are anything. She only likes to watch movies or snack and i just dont want her to continue on that path for fear she will develop bad habits. I was a single mom with my son but im not now so i just dont get why she is so up my butt all the time and she cant do anything on her own.

So my question is what should i exspect? is this normal? and how can i get her to be a kid and get out of grown fokes business? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Each day try to get her to do something outside of her comfort zone. There are children that are the same was as your DD, trust me. She will grow out of it. I know a lady that has 3 girls like that, her oldest just started 2nd grade and she is FINALLY becoming her own person and coming out of her shell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Turn off the TV, and just hand her a toy, or some crayons and paper, or play dough. Play with her for a little while and show her how it works.

Let her play around you as you do your daily tasks. It's not so hard to get things done even if you have to step over her a lot.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Some kids are just more independent than others. A couple of my nephews were very clingy as well. I'd definitely turn the TV off or limit it to specific times (at 2 she's old enough to understand this idea.) She should be starting pretend play so try sitting down with her and playing then letting her play independently for a bit. Try to give her opportunities to be with other kids and see them play. She just may need a bit more encouragement to get going. You might aim for small groups to help her get more comfortable.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2009