how long did you breastfeed for?

it seems like my baby wants to eat every 10 minutes.i feel like my nipples are gonna fall off lol.they hurt when she starts sucking on them but then are ok.i think im only gonna breast feed for a few months.how long did you breastfeed for?no matter how short?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• i breastfed for approximately 9 weeks. it wasn't something i really enjoyed doing but i felt it was important for my baby (they say the first 6 weeks is the most crucial time for breastfeeding) i stopped because i found it really difficult and annoying to try to pump once i went back to work.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Ive been going 8 months strong. I plan on weaning here right before her first birthday.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I have four children who all nursed until they self weaned between 14 and 30 months.
    fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 12:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 25 months and still counting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My first was 15 months when she weaned and my second weaned a week before his third birthday.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 2:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my little one is 15months and we are just starting to wean her,she only eats once befor she goes to bed at night.the first 3 months are VERY hard,after that its like it isnt anything.and it does seem like u have a baby on your breast 24/7.once again it is very hard.ur doing great,also there is a cream u can get for ur nipples to help with them being sore.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 13 months, 1 month, and then 20 months. This last go around I would have gone longer but I am pregnant again.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I BF my oldest for 8 months and had to stop for my mental health. My baby is now 8 months old. I would love for him to wean or at least start sleeping through the night but I don't see that happening soon.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 7mts!!! by the way i only pump cuz he doesnt latch on
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• 13 months with my daughter. My son, who is 25 months, still nurses 1-2 times a day.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009