Why do people hum (don't know how it's spelt)?

IT IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!! I am at work right now and the guy behind me is doing it... I am so ready to turn around and tell him to shut up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• to block out the annoying noises of the outside world. If you are humming then the only person you can hear is yourself.
    Block it out.. that's what he's trying to do to you!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Throw somethin at his ass and tell him to STFU! I HATE humming and I despise whistling too....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I am sitting over here quiet so there is no way he is trying to block me out.

lol @ anon :05... I so want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I hum when Im bored. Or I have a song stuck in my head. Or if Im trying to write a new song. I make a point not to hum in quiet places though. I hum a lot in walmart.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• LOL...I was hoping you wouldn't find it too harsh...that kind of stuff just grates my nerves in a way that makes me want to cause someone bodily harm....just maim them a little so they can no longer make the annoying noises! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I try my best to block it out, but sometimes I am just like WTF? Do you not realize that everyone around you does NOT want to hear it??? Seriously?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Another thing that INFURIATES me is fidgeting.....oooooooh, can't stand tapping a pen, drumming fingers, leg shaking...

Wow...don't I sound fun to hang out with??? Sorry, those things just annoy the crap outta me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• LOL
    Anonymous

• He is still humming and chewing gum loud and obnoxiously (smaking noises)... Im going crazy over here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Most people hum because they are happy or are thinking happy thoughts... you should try it! >:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• That's it, this calls for some serious intervention...get one of those thick rubberbands and shoot him right in the arm. Right above the elbow. Then try to hide the snickering and laughter so you don't get caught. Do you have to work with him all day? Is he an obnoxious person in general or could you say something to him like, hey, a little peace and quiet would be nice....ASSHOLE!!!!!! (may wanna leave out the last part I suppose....) LOL

I will come kick his ass for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009