Is your child a daredevil?

Joss is only eight months old and she's already making me have heart palpitations O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, my dd is 4 and nothing in the world scares her!

Even though it makes us panic as mothers, there are benefits....my dd is a WONDERFUL swimmer, mainly b/c she is not afraid.

We are also going to enroll her in gymnastics b/c I believe with her daredevil personality that she may just be a future all star cheerleader or something. I think she will EASILY pick up on the flips and tumbles b/c she has no fear ;)

So even something that others may see as a "fault" or something they might not want their child to posses has its good points!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My 3 year old son thinks he can fly, lol. My 2 year old daughter, who use to be scared to jump off of our couch etc, is now FLYING also, lol. He'll climb on shelves, jump off of anything he can, he's totally fearless! I can't even begin to count the times I've taken him to the emergency room because I just KNEW that he had broken something! He never cries even if he gets hurt and it doesn't deter him a bit, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• YES! my 22 month old has already been in a full leg cast from trying to climb out of her high chair. Yes she was strapped in... That was the problem. lol. she tried so hard to get out that she flipped it over! She also has a constant lump on her head from running into things or climbing or jumping on things. She is going to need the revolving door plan at the hospital.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• lol! once my son was sitting on the couch and im on the floor sitting against the couch and he kept messing w/ me , like suprising me and tickling me. well he turned on wrestling and next thing i know im getting up and he runs FULL force dives off the couch and onto me!! LOL ... im hurtin soooooo bad and hes up jumpin around w/ his hands out sayin 'c'mon momma chicken!' lol ... i about died!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Two of my kids have absolutely no fear, one of these days they are going to give me a heart attack. Both of them were climbing before they could walk (my daughter used to scale the refridgerator) and as they have gotten older they have gotten more bold and will try anything.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• wow, so I just wanted to let you know that I was playing on the bed a little while ago with my daughter, you know the one who has only been out of a cast for a month... She rad to the end of the bed, assumed superman position and jumped! OMG! I caught her by her middle! lol. I think she really did think she could fly...Scared the tar outta me!! Can you imagine me walking back into that orthopedic office tomorrow with the other leg broken. Geeze. Can we say CPS? Crazy girl keeps my life interesting.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009