headache and preeclampsia.....should i

ok ladies i been having a headache since bout midnight lastnight and it feels like i woke up with the same headache..i had the hardest time sleeping because of it.. i took tylenol and it didnt work at all.. i do have a mild case of preeclampsia, when i went into my docs last tuesday he gave me loratabs (hydrocodone) but i refuse to take them because its a narcotic... i have tried everything to get rid of the headache and no luck... should i call or go into labor and delivery?? i am 37 weeks today....last i checked my blood pressure it was just slightly high..but i used one of those machines in walmart..thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call the hospital and ask them what they would advise you to do, preeclampsia is nothing to mess around with, and it never hurts to call and ask either. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I had mild pre eclampsia at the end of my pregnancy. The doctor was very concerned and induced me the day after we found out about it. The only cure is delivery is what they told me. I would call your doctor and tell them your symptoms.
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Ditto,call the doctor or the OB unit at the hospital. I'd say they are going to want to see you. Please don't wait.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Are you well hydrated? Dehydration can give you a persistant headache and exacerbate pre-e symptoms. Especially headaches and swelling.

Are you getting 90-100 grams of protein a day? That can lesson the effects or pre-e.

Have you tried lying on your left side? The blood flow when you are on your left is the most efficient.

Are you getting enough calcium? Low calcium can cause insomnia and high blood pressure. Brittle nails, sleeplessnes, and muscle tension in the legs or neck (which can lead to headaches)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009