Meebo doesn't show up at all... what can I do?

I switched from wireless internet to dial-up, and now meebo is gone. I don't know why since I still use the same browser (IE). The standard answer of going into "privacy settings" and clicking the CM messenger to be "always on" or whatever ...doesn't work, cause I never changed them in the first place and I went back just a lil while ago and it is still set to be on. HELP! I could use it last night (with a few glitches) but not today. Last night was the first time to use Meebo with the dial-up. Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Guess NO ONE knows..... bummer! Oh well.... I think Meebo would be great ....IF it worked!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Okay... since no one answered, and I had to figure this out myself, I will tell how I got my Meebo to show up!

At the bottom right of my browser (IE) it says "Protected Mode" ...I clicked on that and a box popped up. I then added both "http://www.cafemom.com" AND "http://www.meebo.com" as TRUSTED SITES ....then clicked "apply" and closed it out.

I refreshed my page and viola! NOW, Meebo shows up! Yeehaw! I THINK we are good to go, lol.

Maybe this will help someone else.... I'm thinking several people read my question and didn't have any answers since the standard was already taken care of.

Of course, I do not like that now, my browser says "Unknown Zone" and "Protected Mode: Off"

If I come up with more solutions ...I will try to get back here and post what I found!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I can't imagine you'd want meebo to load with dialup.. Talk about being slow..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2009