What did you do for your childs

first birthday? did you have a theme? did you do cake or cup cakes? If a little girl did you do the tutu for her outfit? what did you buy your child for their first b-day gift?

My baby's going to have a first birthday in a couple of months and just getting some ideas and seeing what other mommy's did for their childs first b-day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did a single layer cake (white) for DS then a normal cake for the rest of us. We stripped him down to a diaper and put the cake on his tray in his highchair and let him go at it. he really didnt eat all that much of it but he did mash it pretty good. We gave him a toddler bed and a couple toys and his grandma got him a car he could ride on that he loved. We didnt really do a theme or anything, just got the whole family together for it and had a nice dinner and cake.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I let him choose what he wanted to eat -- he wanted chickie and macanoni (mac n cheese lol) , and we had dinner for everyone. Our theme was this damn bear he seen that had baseball gear on! lol. We also had a small petting zoo. I got him alottt for his 1st bday like his bday in sept so he got his winter clothes. a cd player. 2 power wheels. a tool bench w/ tools. fishin pole. little people toy sets. dvds. basketball hoop (the fisher price one) .. thats was just from me. there was still his dad,grandma,my dad,his girlfriend,and 3 of my friends.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• oh and we had a cake ... w/ that same bear on it ... and he had a smash cake for himself.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 2:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We had a smash cake for baby and then a cake for the guests. The decorations on both cakes were the same and fit the theme of the party. My daughter's first birthday was Tinkerbelle (she looked like her), my oldest son had a nautical theme, and my youngest son had balloons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We had a Blues Clues themed party w/ a Regular Birthday cake and also a little personal cake for my son (Chocolate with chocolate icing in hopes of getting good bday pics , unfortunately he hated being dirty so wouldnt touch it:().. We only invited immediate family and had a cook out, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, etc..
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 4:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We had the people who love our daughter over for lunch and cake.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• We had a My Little Pony theme (girl of course) and 2 cakes, a big decorated cake and then a little round one for her. She wanted nothing to do with it. She's never had sweets and I guess she doesn't like her hands to get dirty! lol Toys . . . hmmm, she got lots of age appropriate toys, a musical chair, a pretty carebear (stays in box), a beautiful barbie (stays in box) and some my little ponies that will stay in the closet until she gets older. She got lots of clothes from grandma and some gift certificates. We bought her a potty with the gift cert. and some new straw sippy cups.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• we did a princess theme and everything was pink. we had the cake made at wal-mart and it had a little tiara and wand on it. also because it was her 1st b-day we got a free little cake just for her. she pretty much only got clothes.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 1:55 PM on Sep. 13, 2009