Do anybody have any ideas for potty training?

I have been trying to potty train my 3 year old almost 4 months and I don't think he is improving. what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In the same boat, don't know what to do, we just keep going and hoping that sooner or later something happens and he will get it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 2:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• It was weird for me and my oldest son. When he was just over 3yrs. old i needed him out of diapers ASAP. For one, he was starting preschool soon and for two i had 2 younger ones in diapers. I couln't afford 3 in diapers so i told my 3yr. old son, who was definetly developmentally ready, that he had to wear big boy underwear and not diapers anymore. i let him know that he could not go potty in them. It worked for me, suprisingly, and he only had about 3 accidents. I think it is important to wait for them to be dev. ready for it. It makes it so much easier. Now, if i can just get my other 2 boys to be that easy. LOL Good luck. Just keep encouraging the potty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• You can't do anything until they are ready. It isn't just about being a certain age or being developmentally ready. It is also that their bodies may not be ready yet. My son's doctor told me that the majority of boys are not ready to be trained until they are atleast 30-36 months old because their bladders are not ready yet.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My daughter wasn't progressing with PT either, until I introduced the potty time stick chart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Sep. 13, 2009