How can I get my 11 year old to lose weight?

Every year at my daughter's school they have a fitness test and I want her to do well.But she needs to get in shape.And next year she will be changing in locker rooms with other girls and I don't want her to be embarrassed.
I don't tell her she needs to get in shape but she knows she needs to and she says she wants to lose weight FAST.She already does sit-ups,push-ups,up-downs,and runs the only thing she can't commit to is her diet.Does anyone know of any good working diet plans and daily work out.I unfortunately can't work out with her because I'm pregnant.Please do NOT leave negative comments or answers.

CCCurstynn

Asked by CCCurstynn at 2:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• at her age i would say she doesnt need to be on a strick diet, just decrease the amount of junk food and increase the healthy food, even if its just a lil bit at a time

and maybe talk to her about going on bike rides?
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• As far as her diet, don't buy junk foods so that she won't be tempted to eat them. If the junk food is not in the house, she can't eat it. Have her drink lots of water and don't let her lounge around and watch too much tv. Also, don't let her eat several hours before bed at night. I would also have her eat several small healthy snacks a day to help keep her matabolism going. Good Luck!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree with PPs. DON'T BUY JUNK. Figure out what healthy foods she likes and make them for her. Help her understand the importance of being healthy. Not a stick figure/magazine cover but healthy enough to run 100M without being too redfaced and puffed out to speak. Give her motivation. Do stuff with her, make it fun. Make goals for her and reward her with a new pair of jeans when she loses a size. Splurge on her a little and make it worth it to her.
    rockstarmom2b

Answer by rockstarmom2b at 3:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Don't put her on a diet. It is wrong and sends a horrible message. Instead, throw out all the junk food, or better yet, donate it to a food bank with her. then go shopping for HEALTHY food, and skip the microwave meals. Get lots of fresh or frozen veggies and fruits, lots of whole grains, lean meats, and low fat food. Then, make regular meals with these. Skip cheese most of the time, and lay off bread. Losing weight is not an overnight thing, and to have you or your daughter think it is is setting you both up for failure. use this as an opportunity to learn healthy habits for yourself and to teach the whole family about healthy habits.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Give her healthier snacks. Teach her the value of eating healthy. Putting her on one of those crazy diets isn't going to help her. Losing weight fast isn't going to help.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 8:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would suggest walking. Even regular walking you could do with her while you're pregnant. I sell Avon and we just came out with tennis shoes similar to the sketchers shape ups but at a fragment of the price you should invest in a pair for her. Just go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and search under Curves. The trimming waist belt has also been very helpful to my customers in losing weight. I would make it exciting and fun for her and motivate her to lose any excess weight and to change her diet. Its also possible that shes about to go through a big growth spurt! Good luck to you both!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If you are that worried take her to a nutritionist. And you should be exercising with her if you are pregnant. It's good for you and the baby. She doesn't need to diet, just limit junk foods and sodas. Try just drinking water.

Watch her carefully if she starts to loose weight fast. She is at the prime age for an eating disorder.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:54 AM on Sep. 16, 2009