Is it inappropriate to wear a off white dress to a friends wedding?

I know i'm not supposed to wear white but its a off white color and has pink flowers all on the bottom...i dont want to "outshow" or hurt my friends feelings....

robsgurl420

Asked by robsgurl420 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The bride should be the only one in any shade of white IMO...but ask her and see what she thinks.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• ditto the above
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree! At my friends wedding...which I didn't know her then...her own MOTHER wore a tea length white lacy dress! I am not kidding!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• NO! Don't do it! Wear something BRIGHT and colorful, like pink or teal or bright blue. White or any variation is the bride's color, plus, do you want to wear a color that will make you blend in with anything? NO! You want to stand out and show everyone you are quite the gorgeous little thing too!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree with everyone else do not wear white.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 4:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would show it to the bride and ask her... if she is ok with it, then wear it, if not..go get something new. I am sure you need a reason to buy something new and fun just like I do.. this would be perfect!
    logunsmommy

Answer by logunsmommy at 5:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would recommend NOT bothering a bride in the middle of planning a wedding about you're going to wear. Just take the opportunity to buy a pretty new (colorful) dress!
    ShuShuFontana

Answer by ShuShuFontana at 12:03 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• yap honey don't wear a white dress,and even if u asked her ,maybe she will say no problem wear it ,,but from inside she will feel not good :-(((
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I wore a green and pink skirt and bright pink shirt! and there were two people in white dresses one was the MIL!!!!!
    robsgurl420

Answer by robsgurl420 at 12:48 PM on Sep. 13, 2009