I need a different perspective from new Moms

I recently had a baby this past March, she's everything I could ask for in a baby & she's my whole world. That being said reguardless of how much I love my baby my relationship has gone downhill ever since and I feel don't know where it went wrong. My boyfriend is a lot older than me, I started dating him because of how good I felt with him and ever since I had my little girl I just don't feel he looks at me like he used to, I lost my baby weight I still have a little more to go I just get so insecure with him lately I never used to be this way. This has to change before my little girl gets bigger, I don't want her growing up in an unhealthy environment and I am sick of feeling cheated he looks at other women like I don't look that way & has locked his phone before & accuses me of being too emotional about things. What do you expect? I look decent for havinga baby I try my hardest to be the woman that he needs..is it me?

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 2:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Heh. For anon: Excuse me. But not all relationship are like this. I wasn't married when I got "knocked up" however, we are now, and expecting our second child.

As for the question... it could be you and it could be him. It does take 2 to develop a relationship. Sure you might not look the same as you used to... and yeah, men look at other women - intentionally or not. They're men. We women look too. I love my husband - no doubt about it, but when I see a guy walk by without his shirt on, bearing a 6 pack - yeah, I look. Not long or openly gawking... It's just something that just happens.
    Also, every having a baby, your hormones are still rampant, you're unhappy with your body, (if you're breastfeeding) you can tend to feel like you're just a walking cow for the baby... it doesn't help at all when the guy is accusing you of being overly emotional, etc.
    I would try, if you still have feelings for him -
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• nope
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• shouldn't have gotten knocked up without marriage. he used u and he's done with you n lookin for another hot babe to use until she screws up and gets knocked up 2. men wanna play not be family men
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Im sorry that you feel looks are the entire bases for a good relationship...please dont waste anymore time, he sounds like a love um and leave um kinda guy...file for child support, move out and move on with your life and your daughters life...

Thats my quick look opinion :)
    Hope everything works out for you.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• - I would just explain "Hey, you know what. Sorry for being overly moody, but I just can't help it..." and then list why you're just so upset and all that.
    If he honestly can't grasp this concept, and he accuses you of being a drama queen or whatever.. I think it's time to just move on.

Good luck, dearie~!
    K_Sawyer