What is the biggest crock pot I can buy?

We will have eight children by early next year, and there are three adults (my dad lives with us) to feed also. Our six quart crock pot barely holds enough to feed us any more, and it is taking longer than it used to to cook everything through. Does anyone have a suggestion?

MyGiftsFromGod

Asked by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Hmmm . . . maybe get a second one? I know that would be a pain though. Hmmm . . . I don't know if they make bigger than 6qt. That's also what I have. I will look around!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Thank you very much! I had even looked on Walmart.com and somehow didn't see this!
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 3:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• http://www.rivalproducts.com/category.aspx?cid=1117
    how about an 18 QT roasting oven to use like a crock pot?

I would check out restaurant supply company's or autions for used stuff . That kind of stuff will help feed a crowd. You should get a commercial sized range too! It would make life so much easier for you.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:25 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I didn't even know they made roasting ovens like that. Thank you, and I will look into that. It just occurred to me today that I could look into something commercial or institutional. My husband and I would LOVE a commercial range and an extra oven, but our kitchen isn't set up in a way that would accommodate those.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 9:32 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I suggest you stay away from your husband & stop over populating the earth! We don't need anymore John's & Kate's!!!
    McGeezer

Answer by McGeezer at 11:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• " I suggest you stay away from your husband & stop over populating the earth! We don't need anymore John's & Kate's!!! "

How is that a helpful (or even appropriate) response to her question? Not Cool McGeezer!

girliemum

Answer by girliemum at 2:25 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I was looking for a bigger crock pot as well. No one seems to have one bigger than the 7qt. I didn't see it at Walmart or Target. I did find an electric roaster oven with slow cooker at Walmart this week. It will hold a 20lb turkey and it cost 24.95 plus tax, however, I tried it like a slow cooker and was disappointed. Maybe I did it incorrectly, although I have used a slow cooker for almost 40yrs now (showing my age) and this cooked some things to much others were not cooked. I like to make bigger portions so we have left overs or if my daughter comes over she can enjoy it and take some home. The 7qt just doesn't do it. The crock pot is really convenient since our store is open until 7pm and I don't get home sometimes to 8 or 9pm and then it is to late to cook. Usually at that point I drink a protein shake but my husband is not down with that every night. If anyone knows where there is a big big Crock Pot please post it.
    Reds59

Answer by Reds59 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2013