Whats the deal?

I have a 14 month old DD and she can be so sweet and so evil, she is just a riot and alot of fun. She has just started a behavior I just dont get, ALL day at home with me she does not display any seperation anxiety. I take her to the daycare at the gym 4 times a week and to the church daycare twice a week and she does great..shoot she doesnt even look back to see if I still exsist when I put her down. But once Daddy gets home at night from work she is stuck to me like glue and crys to be held (this is a child who bites to get down every other time) she doesnt want to go with him (wich hurts his feelings) she screams for mama and has a complete tantrum. At night she only wants me to put her to bed, if he trys to hold her to give her a kiss goodnight she freks out. Am I doing something wrong, what do I do? I know she loves my DH, when im not home he says shes fine and she plays with him, will go give him kisses and hugs, help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• SOunds to me like a control thing. Toddlers love to find ways to control their worlds. You might try telling her that it's daddy's time to play with her and leave the room. Let him play with a favorite toy of hers until curiosity gets the better of her.. If you always give in, the tantrums are working and getting her what she wants. Tough to do at bedtime given that the last thing you want to do is wind a child up..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my 15 month old does this sometimes too,im the only one that can put her to bed.i think its a grudge thing becouse he is gone all day and she may be mad at him.she may need alone time with daddy.like when he gets home go for a walk or to he store
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My DD is almost 16 months old and she is a daddy's girl without a doubt she stays home with him all day and she has started biting and throwing tantums also we both put her to bed and that is fine but all in all if she gets a boo boo she will go to daddy and yes it hurts me ALOT. Her Doctor said it's the terrible two's coming and it will get better she is just testing her limits. Which really make sence to us now. GL momma it will get better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• daddy needs some alone time with your princess. she will come around soon!!!
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Aww, poor Daddy, that has to be so hard. She spends all day with you, so of course she's a mama's girl. Daddy will get his turn...encourage him not to take it personally and for heaven's sake don't let her get away with murder around him. That will backfire big time. Good luck!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009