My 8 week old has a rash? How concerned should I be?

I havea 8 week old beautiful boy. Today when we woke up , I've noticed a red rash. Its very small bumps, not close to each other, more spread out its on one side of his face/ head and on his stomach. They arent raised much, Just a few are able to be felt. Could it be an allergic Reaction to a material he was laid on or laundry detergent or should i be more concerned? He's acting fine. No fever, eating normally.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Could be a slight allergic reaction or it could be heat rash if it's still hot where you are. My DS is naturally hot and he gets heat rash very easily. If he's not fussy about it I wouldn't worry too much.
    mummy22kids

Answer by mummy22kids at 2:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i wouldn't worry, some type of dermatitis, nothing to be worried about
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I would agree with both of these - either a mild allergic reaction or a heat rash. If it's not bothering him, don't worry too much. What kind of laundry detergent are you using? If you're using a dye-free/perfume-free detergent already, then it's probably a heat rash and should clear up on it's own if it's only mild. If your detergent doesn't specify that it's dye and perfume free, or if you wash his clothes in one but your clothes and/or the sheets got washed in something else, then I would maybe consider rewashing stuff and seeing if that keeps the rash from coming back.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 13, 2009

• thanks for the replies. it went away like the next day. came back and went away again. im thinking he's gonna have sensitive skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Sep. 25, 2009