Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Anyone know active Army protocol?

Im legally married, but im seperated. My husband and I dont live together. However, because were married I joined the Army as active Duty. Im on base and have on base housing. My unit is deploying in January, and I have no one to take care of my son. Not my family, not his dads family, no one. I was told that ill be chaptered out of the Army, honorably, OR, i could be moved to a non deployable unit. Does anyone know the lowdown on this? ANy advice as to what I can do? I dont want to leave....

Answer Question

Asked by soldiermom1986 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 9 (308 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • That's pretty much your two options...
    I heard that now, they're more likely to chapter you out. I forget what chapter it is.. but you get honorable discharge with a specific amount of a paycheck every month.
    You could probably talk to your 1st Sgt about it, discuss your options. Just express that you honestly don't want to get out, and you would prefer to be in a non-deployable unit.

    I would watch your kid if I could. :[

    Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • You will be honorably discharged.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 4:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

  • I am really surprised that you were able to join without having a Family Care Plan in place. Maybe you can find a good family who would be willing to take in your child while you are deployed. You can do an allotment to them for child support. I wish you luck!

    Answer by FL2AK at 4:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.