what is a mom to do...

it seems my 2 youngest get along the best and fight the worst . they are 3 1/2 years apart. is this normal?

cat260

Asked by cat260 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• UMMMMMM ya very normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• VERY NORMAL!

Answer by older at 4:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Yep. One sibling's job is to make the other sibling as miserable and happy as they possibly can. My two are 5 years apart and absolutely ADORE each other, then my girl (11) will start getting too bossy so her brother (6) will take his baby and whack her in the head with it. Then there's yelling and screaming and crying and timeouts and ten minutes after it's all done, the 6 is sitting in the 11's lap and reading a story. Jeesh!
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 9:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Oh yes. my sister and I are 18 months apart and we are [and always were] the best of friends and the worst of enemies.
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• oh yes honey. My girls are 8 years apart and they are busom buddies one minute and offering to sell each other the next. Their true sibling bond became obvious to us one afternoon when we were at the mall. My girls had been getting on each others nerves pretty much the whole time. However, another girl walked passed my youngest and gave her a dirty look. My oldest came unglued and was ready to pounce on the girl! And for the rest of the day, my girls were inseperable. In the end, they may fight but we have learned that when it really counts, they love each other whether they know it or not.
    bracketrat

Answer by bracketrat at 10:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009