cheap test kits?

i'm a ttc. been late for period by 14 days. took first hpt on 10 and second on 13th day. both came negative. both of these kits were from dollar tree store. should i try a more expensive one found in walmart? do u think it'll make any difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• go get bloodwork. at this point it will have a definite yes or no answer for you. AND if something is wrong, theyll let you know that too.
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i used a dollar tree test when i was ttc and a few came out neg but in the end one came out pos, and a few more after that lol ( hey i was happy, and wanted to make sure ) so i do think there ok..in anycase u can buy a name brand but go for the cheaper ones..at walmart..i spent so much on the "good brands" and all were neg..dollar tree a few neg then a few positive. (: good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Sometimes the dollar store sells old products, go to the drugstore and buy their brand, it is as good as name brand kind, if it is negative, I would call my doc, 14 days is pretty late, so something is not right!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Can you afford a baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• they have expiration dates on them but usually they work just fine. and those are the type of tests that they will use in a clinic. drop the liquid on the strip, not pee on a stick. a nurse at our teaching hospital said those type are the most accurate urine tests
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm kind of in the same boat as you, Im twelve days late with negative test results on dollar tree tests, I have heard the dollar tree tests are very accurate as long as they aren't expired. I need a blood test too I guess but I just moved where I live no and do not have a doctor yet...Go to peeonastick.com, It has helpful pregnancy test information
    AustinR3MySon

Answer by AustinR3MySon at 5:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Buy a better brand! I bought a cheap-o Target one and it was negative (actually, the control line never showed). Then I bought an Answer one (2 in a pack for $11) and the prego line came up before the control line! You get what you pay for.
    veggie_kitty

Answer by veggie_kitty at 5:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• thanks friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009