not telling ob about previous c-section

I am looking for a new ob/gyn. I want a vbac for my next birth, the problem is there are no doctors near me who allow this. Would it be terribly wrong for me to not inform the new doctor that I have previously had a c-section. The way I see it they will do a section if baby shows signs of distress or if I have irregular contractions with failure to progress, which are signs of uterine rupture. I don't know how else to handle it. I can't have another c-section i am extremely allergic to adhesive with they use to keep incision closed by doctor told me he put several layers of suters to keep incision internally closed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah-but uh-they may not look for uterine rupture if you don't tell them-you know you could cost you your baby's life and maybe your own. This is a stupid decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• you have a scar, right? they'll see the scar... and it's very dangerous not to inform you doctor of your medical history
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Not only that, he may get your hospital records, insurance info, medical history from somewhere else. The scar is a big give away too though. Look for someone in your area that will allow a VBAC, midwifes are really good, getting a doula might help you also find just what you are looking for.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• yeah i agree with the other mom's on here that is a silly question u are putting your child and u at risk if u were to rupture during delivery. BUt then u wouldnt be able to sue them because it was your fault for not informing them of a c-sec. i would argue more with ur ob about a Vb ac if you really wanted it no doctor will tell you no unless it was an emergency surgery
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• that is a TERRIBLE idea...what most people dont know is that it is ultimately the patient's decision. Nobody can FORCE you to have a C-section. Keep looking around and dont risk the health of your baby.
    Chances are, there ARE Doctors around you who will have to do it if that is what you want.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i think they will probably get your records from your last OB. and they will know you've had a baby before, so they will know if they don't have those records.

i'm so sorry, it's really ridiculous that no doctors "allow" VBAC where you are. :( the risks of normal c-section outweigh risks of VBAC in most cases. i suggest you search search search on http://www.ican-online.org/ .

hopefully you can find a provider you can trust. have you looked into midwives who might attend VBACs in your area.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• banging head into wallTHIS IS YOU BANGING YOUR HEAD!

Do you realize that your unborn child or you could DIE if your don't share this information. I agree with what everyone else has said YOU HAVE A SCAR. Use your head lady smarten up are you sure you worded this right? cause this is a stupid question to ask.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• There is NO WAY you can pull that off. Like PP said they will see the incision through ultrasounds, checkups etc. You may have to look much further than where you live. You have a right not to want another surgery. How far away from the next state are you? Maybe you can cross over and look around if you are close to your neighboring state.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 3:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• SURE DONT TELL YOUR DOC OF YOUR MEDICLA HISTORY IF YOUR BABY DIES IS YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU DIED YOUR SO CAN JUST TELL YOUR BABY SH DIED CUS SHE WAS STUPID!! AM SURE THEY IS A DOCTOR AROUND WHERE YOU LIVED THAT WOULD DO VBAC. YOU CAN TELL THEDCO YOU ARE ALLERGIC AM SURE THEY CAN USED OTHER METHODS TO CLOSE YOU UP. BUT HEY IF YOU WNAT YOUR UTERUS TO REUMPTURED!! THEN HEY GO AHEAD WITH THEY IDEA TWO FUNERALS AM SURE YOUR SO WOULD LOVE TO BURYHIS WIFE AND BABY!! PLEASE RCEONSIDER IS A VERY STUPID AND IGNORANT DECISION
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• C'mon are you serious? You have to tell them!
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009