Pagan's Only Please

As most of you know I am working on a Pagan Education type of site. I was thinking of including an area entitled "How Did We Get Here" and discussing the different views on Creation, Evolution and Creationistic Evolution (Creator Guided)...

My questions are as follows:
1.) What do you believe? Creation, Evolution or Creator Guided
2.) I know my views but where would be some good places to learn about others?
3.) What do you think should be included in this are besides the basics? Should I enclude the myths of seperate cultures or link to them or just refrence them?

Thanks for all your help!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 3:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• try vox.com. i go there for lots of stuff. im wiccan but it has some pagan material in there too :)
    soldiermom1986

Answer by soldiermom1986 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I believe in evolution. There is nothing in Ymir's story that contradicts it, either. On the contrary, the parallels are almost scary.

I would at least include a directory of the different creation stories from the major faiths. If you want to take the time, write up something showing the similarities and differences and where they fall into place with evolution or contradict it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I believe in evolution. I think that creation myths are a poetic way of talking about "where we came from". I would at least have links to as many creation stories as you can find & an article of comparative mythology that includes the science of the beginnings would be a great supplement.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I think links to various creation stories is a great idea.
    Im not too knowledgeable about where to go for those things though. Ive never really done tons of research into creation theories,etc.

Personally, we are here...I dont care how we got here so the whole creation debate means little to me.

My idea is that the Divine gathered stuff together and tossed it together and let it do its thing. He hooked them together but then let nature take its course and didnt touch it after that. So its kind of a creator led I guess except I dont think he did anything but put the "liquid" in the bowl and it went on its own from there with no more help from them.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I beleive in evoluion...but this is my favorite creation myth:

Polytheist Creation Story

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I believe in creation that has gone through evolution...does that make sense?

I think a bit of everything would be good!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 2:14 AM on Sep. 13, 2009

• I believe in both evolution and creation. I do not think they contradict one another. I feel that the Earth was created and given life by a conversion of Universal energy. That energy I see as the higher power. From there we have evolution. I think our spirits helped the apes evolve into us.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2009