colposcopy and biopsy/recovery

I had a colposcopy and biopsy done Wednesday.... The doctor told me I could go back to normal activity except for sex and no tampons. I've been cramping and feel kinda sore any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Health

• I had a colposcopy 13 years ago, when I was 28, and for about 2-3 days afterward, had some cramping--but just took over the counter pain medication to alleviate. Treat your cramping as you would for your period.

I was told that for 6 weeks thereafter I would have a clear discharge and to wear highly absorbent pads for at least the first 2 or 3 weeks. This proved to be essential as the discharge was completely involuntary--but not at all painful.

Yes you do need to avoid intercourse and use of tampons during this 6 weeks, so you can heal. However, I didn't get a period during that time, so that wasn't an issue. Almost to the minute at the end of the 6 weeks, the discharge stopped, and I was back to normal!

Never had an irregular PAP smear or any other complications after that!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• my dr said i couldn't have sex or use tampons for a week...although when i got it i wasn't having sex regularly so i didn't have sex for probably 2 months after, i need to get another but theres no way in hell i would wait 6 weeks, i only waited 3.5 weeks after birth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Tylenol extra strength will be your best friend. I just had a colposcopy biopsy on the 15th of September. Im cramping still to this day. Plus the doc only mentioned spotting. I guess he was being polite since he doesnt have a vagina. I cant even imagine having sex with all of this stuff coming out of my vagina.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 20, 2009