i need some ideas for baby vegetable soup book!

my friend's baby is turning one tomorrow, i dont know them too well, but I'd like to give him something...I'm low on money, but am somewhat creative. I made my niece a cloth book for her bday, I might do the same with him... the mom is really into natural parenting/lifestyle. I was thinking it would be cute to make a little recipe book for him, like a recipe for vegetable soup (simple of course), cutting out veggies shapes with personality (smiley face, ars and legs...lol)...I need some veggie ideas for the book!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Aww, that's a neat idea! You could add in small shaped pasta too, like dinosaur shaped or whatever you find. I know at one year old he could probably eat peas (eyes), green beans (smile), cooked carrots (long ones for legs or cut up ones for a nose). Lol have fun with that! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Tomato's in suede, zuchinni in lamay(I KNOW I spelled that wrong! LOL), potatoes in leather or leatherette, corn from yellow muslin, and peas made from green round buttons. Use materials that have cool textures and make use of your notions! Children love to feel stuff. As for pasta, why not do noodles but use white shoestrings? Or better yet, yarn?
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• That's really cute. I admire your inginuity! I'm not crafty though, so I can't help ya.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Sep. 13, 2009