Just an observation...

I recently posted a question about my relationship and being a new Mommy & I just wanted to say I appriciated the feedback because it really helped. With an exception... one person who ofcourse went annonymous went on to tell me that I should have gotten married and referered to me as "knocked up". I don't think so.. I think it's funny how people think they are being helpful when they are just being plain out rude. I grew up with family values and I know the right thing to do is to get married, but it hasnt happend yet. It hasnt happend to millions of woman yet but the doesnt mean its called getting knocked up if you have a baby my Mommy claws are coming out because my little girl is loved by both Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for your helpful advice otherwise...:)

AlexxasMama

Asked by AlexxasMama at 3:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• good for u, i would rather not be married then married to a guy who only married because of a baby.. most times that dosent last.. ( my x did that " it was the right thing to do" yeahh maybe in the 50's ) and like u said baby is happy with mom and dad...enjoy your lil one xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• There are plenty of mommies on here that in that case would be considered Knocked up then cuz alot of them just have kids and so's so I don't think that they should be saying that to you but you know given a chance some women will bash anyone for anything.You just dowhat's right for you and your family and don't worry about the women on here.Ok
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Hon, I was "knocked up" three times and yes it was with my hubby, not boyfriend that is now hubby...If she was rude than yeah, forget about her, but in some areas we call it "knocked up". I like the term, it is just a cute and funny to me, but I was NOT the anon. Just putting some humor in the mix to make you laugh and forget about her:)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I'm glad you got some positive feedback to your original question. I agree that people shouldn't marry just because they had a baby. A lot of people end up in divorce that way, or just live unhappily and that's not good for the baby. Good for you and your SO for waiting until you both know it feels right.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree, I think the reason I didn't get married right away is because my parents were divorced too like so many other couples. It doesn't mean I won't in the future I just want to make sure it's the right decision. I think people come on here to help yet their personal feelings on marriage get in the way and they tend to come off judgement al which isn't cool. We're on here to help eachother right, thanks girls :)
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 3:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Well i must have been KNOCKED UP also. You know my SO & I love our child and she is our whole world and then some. We will get married some day and if we don't then so be it we love one another and our child is what matters. We would much rather spend our money and time with our DD. Just never mind anon she must be unhappy in her own life so you know what they say "miser loves company". Congrats on your new LO.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i agree . just because you now have a child or is pregnant doesnt mean you have to get married. i know of a woman at my work who i considered married though on paper she is not has been with her husband for 23 yrs. and the have an "ideal"marriage neither complain about each other, very much in love,and it shows the most during the difficult times. and now they have taken in their daughter's family who have hit hard times and helping them pay their bills as well anyways and what about those couples who by state cannot get married but have children.raising a child is a very important and rewardiing job. with or without a paper. i divorced my husband but we still co-parented. does that make me wrong? i can go on and on. so alexismomma congradulation for having the best job and doing what you feel is right for u and your family.
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• i would like to add i was knocked up 3 times. but my question to this ann.person. what if your daughter at 17 or son had and oops would you still want them to marry or do the responable thing such as work ,continue school and provide a loving home for their child. ?
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Were you the one whining about child support? If so I stand by what I said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• "Answered at 3:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Were you the one whining about child support? If so I stand by what I said."

No I wasn't "the one whining about child support " get your facts straight, I don't get child support I am in a relationship which my child's father.
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 4:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009