Marriage for benefits?

Long story short, my friend wants to marry me, because he knows i need help with my son, and hes joining the military and knows i might be leaving the army soon. he knows i count on it.

Ha im not sure what to think. Whats your opinions on marriage for benefits? I like this guy, we could make it work, im sure, im just not in love with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it'd end up being a very sticky situation...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Don't marry him alone for benefits. Marriage without love s- bigtime. Hold off and see if an incredible friendship grows into love that both of you have each other's backs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• this is a challenging one. While I would say friendship comes before love in ALL of the good marriages I know of, there is still a spark of love in all of them. I don't know if I would do it, but at the same time, he sounds like the one your going to regret letting get away. If you did it I would have a prenuptial and safetys in place in case one of you finds someone else. But friendship is a GREAT basis for a relationship.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 3:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Baaaad idea. If you 2 don't have mutual love and "that kind of interest" things can become really bad down the road. Make sure you think about this long and hard before you do something you'll possibly (probably) regret.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• what about sex:?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Wow that has got to be something to throw you for a loop. If you are real close friends and you know him and think you could get along with everything about him. WHen you say your not in love do you mean you couldn't ever fall in love with him? I think this also depends on what you think about divorce, if your someone who dosen't ever want to be divorced then don't do it because it would be just to big a risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• What kinds of benefits are you talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• That's a tough one. I think it would work out fine. I would rather marry someone i like than someone i didn't like. Good luck with things! : o )
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 9:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2009