I need a great meal where I dont have to turn on the oven or stove. Any ideas?

I can't turn on my oven or stove right now because we are getting a New one...... and it will not be here for a WEEK. Our kitchen is not the right size so we have to "remodel" that area... Any ideas for a no cook ... meal???

DancerMomof2

Asked by DancerMomof2 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Crock pot, throw a roast in there, add veggies, and let it sit all day. No hot kitchen and it is a wonderful meal!! You can also make a great beef stew in it. Homemade chili. The possibilities are endless!
    2kids19yrsapart

Answer by 2kids19yrsapart at 11:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Chinese takeout!!!
    StarrMom2Xander

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 5:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Grill out! You only have to use foil!
    haileyannsmomma

Answer by haileyannsmomma at 5:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Do you have an electric skillet, griddle or crock pot?
    you can get thousands of free recipes online for crock pots
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• A George Foreman grill cooks almost anything.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My pilot lights on the stove have been turned off on purpose for months at a time. I cook just about everything, including pasta, in the microwave. The crock pot and foreman grill are used occasionally. If you're without a microwave too, you can get precooked chicken (fresh cooked rotisserie or frozen strips) at the grocery and make salads. There are so many ways to avoid cooking without doing takeout.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• GRILL IT
    Chels_Rivera

Answer by Chels_Rivera at 7:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• how about a salad with shredded chicken from a rpasted chicken from costco??

you can make tacos with one of those chickens too....
    add tortillas, cheese, salsa, lettuce.....
    public_enmy1

Answer by public_enmy1 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Tyson has some great "Heat and Eat Entrees." I like to get the pork roast. It cooks in the microwave and is fast. Then I get the frozen vegatables that steam in the microwave and maybe some Country Crock Mashed Potatoes. This makes a great, fast, easy and tasty dinner.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 8:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Crock pot dinners. You can throw just about anything in a crock pot and it comes out like you have slaved for hours. We had friends come to visit, while they went to a hockey game, I threw some chicken breasts and a jar of alfredo sauce with sun dried tomatoes in the crock pot. Her husband rarely give compliments..he was begging for me to tell his wife the recipe. She couldn't believe how easy it was...we have not shared our secret with him. One of the best parts of crock pot cooking is in the summer it keeps the house cooler than having the stove on.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008