When you have a headache, do you "slow down" until it goes away or do you "play through the pain"?

I get those cluster headaches where one of my eyes hurts and my neck hurts. So annoying, they turn into migraines sometimes, gah.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If it is a migraine, I don't do hardly anything. "normal" headaches, just go through the day, and do things as usual.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If I can tell that has potential to be a migraine, I take something and stop right then and there. It if is just a headache, I push through. I get really really bad headaches a lot so I am pretty much use to having headaches.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• The headaches I get stop me in my tracks. I have to be in the dark, laying down. I usually take something to knock me out so I can relax.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• normal headache i just drink peppermint tea and it seems to go away almost "instantly" but if its a migriane i usually have to take a bc powder and lie down orsink into a hot tub until it goes away with a hot wash cloth on my forehead most of the day:) lol
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 3:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I get migraines also and when I get one I'm out for the count. I have to go get a Nubian shot then go to bed, but the average headache I take 2 excedrin and work through it and hope it doesn't turn into a migraine.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I have had one migraine in my life, and yeah I went to bed right after dinner. (I was only 15) As for regular headaches, nope, I don't slow down. Most of the time I ignore them and don't even remember to pop some Tylenol! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I drug up and usually shut down. I can't function with any sort of headache.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Depends on how bad the headache is. If I catch it right away, I take 4 Advil with caffiene and it knocks the headache right out. If I don't catch it right away, I can't function and am usually on my couch or in bed.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2009