It takes my 1 week old about 5 minutes to finish 2 oz, is that too fast??

We have been thinking of switching to a slow flow nipple, we think she eats way too fast. Does anyone know of a good brand of nipple that REALLYS is slow flow? She has a good strong suck. We bought some slow flows and they are really fast, it's so annoying, idk what brand was bought though.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 4:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• as long as she's not choking she's fine give her the slow flow and keep feeding her.... congrats!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• If she is fine on the flow of nipple you have don't switch her, if she isn't choking she is fine.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 5:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I agree with you, I would change her to a slower flow. I think if she is slamming it down like that she is likely to have more gas and also not know as well well she is full when she takes larger amounts.
    I know standard type bottles... like Gerber have slow flow nipples that you can buy or Evenflo has some too.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• go with the playtex or Dr. Brown ones thows are level 1s.... even water drips from thows very slowly
    tarja

Answer by tarja at 7:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2009