I guess you never know how much someone has affected you until you hear from them again. Please just give me some encouraging words to stay strong.

I am the one who wrote the question about the drunk guy in my life last night and I didn't realize how much I fear him and want out of this until him IM'd me a few minutes ago. My heart dropped and just started pounding, now I have anxiety and my chest hurts. I have my yahoo on invisble so he wrote.

Never on. . . nevermind. . . have a great day.

I can tell by those words that he is still drinking and I know this will continue throughout the day... I do not want to deal with this again (I don't have the strength) and I don't want to talk to him either, even if it's to tell him to leave me alone because he won't. You can't tell a drunk anything without it backfiring.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• im in the same boat its very hard i suggest blocking him but in all honesty i didnt block mine bc n away i wanted to knw he was ok soi suggest just ignorig itll take awhile but he will stop
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• He needs to come to the realization that he should get help, and stop drinking, for his own health if anything. Do you have a church you go to? Maybe find some female friends who will encourage you to be strong where you live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• I tried blocking him a long time ago but he found a way to contact me and then we started talking again because I love him and missed him so much.

I know what you mean by wanting to know they're okay... that's one of my biggest problem with letting go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• All my friends are in relationship and don't really have time for me anymore. I was going to church but the job I have now requires me to work on weekends. I just don't want to deal with this drama anymore... I want my life back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• all u can do is try a stay away as best u can
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2009