What can you do for baby acne?

My daughter has baby acne... is there anything you can do? I know it's normal for babies to have it, but just was wondering if there's anything that can help it.

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had it at one point too. There's nothing I really did for it. I didn't put an ointment or medicine on it. I just wiped her face with a damp cloth a couple of times a day. That seemed to really help. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to pop or pick at a pimple!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 4:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Its best to just leave it alobe, although I know how hard that can be! My dd had it pretty bad for about 2 weeks and it was hard but you can do more harm if you put anything on it. Just wipe her face clean a few times a day with a warm washcloth. Good luck! It will be gone before you know it!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• My granddaughter's got really bad and spread to her head and neck so I took her to the pediatrician to see if it was more than just acne. The pediatrician told me to stop using the baby Johnson's shampoo/body cleaner and to buy Dove Unscented. I bought the shampoo and the beauty bar and washed her everyday. I made sure to wash her face, head, and neck with a plain water washcloth after each feeding and dried her thoroughly. I didn't use any ointments or any other products - the Dove cleared her up within a month.
    To this day I still use Dove products on her, but at 7 months old I have begun to use scented beauty bars, but still use the Unscented Dove shampoo.
    If you have to, use the Dove for sensitive skin. The whole point is to avoid soaps and use items that have no scents or dyes that irritate a baby's sensitive skin.
    All the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2009

• Leave it alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2009